Your Greater Lewis County Habitat for Humanity does more than build affordable homes for qualified homeowners. We also offer:
- Critical Home Repair—Interior or exterior work to address health and safety issues or code violations.
- Weatherization—Improving energy efficiency and indoor air quality.
- Home Preservation—Exterior work including painting, patching, minor repair, landscaping and replacement of exterior building materials.
- The home must be in Lewis County and owned and lived in by the homeowner.
- The homeowner is unable to secure a conventional loan to pay for the home repair.
- The home or landscaping is in need of repair. Examples include cracked/collapsing walls, peeling/cracking floors, fence in need of repair, significant debris in the yard.
- A sex offender and criminal background check will be conducted for all adults over the age of 18 living in the home.
Cost to Homeowner
- The homeowner is expected to pay for the cost of materials, permits, and professionally contracted services (e.g., electrical, plumbing, etc.). A zero interest loan may be offered to homeowners unable to pay for repairs.
Because we are a small all-volunteer Habitat affiliate we are only able to do one home repair project costing less than $5,000.00 per year. If you feel you qualify for a Greater Lewis County Habitat for Humanity Home Repair please leave a message by calling (360)-736-7158 or email us at GreaterLC.Habitat@gmail.com.